Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Urgent Care has remained open in limited capacities to serve the needs of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our primary concern is for the health and safety of our patients, providers and staff. In order to limit potential exposure to illness, we have revised our patient requirements. As our surgeons resume elective orthopedic surgeries, we ask you take a moment to read these requirements.
- Answer screening questions. When scheduling and confirming appointments, we will be asking COVID-19 screening questions. Please answer them honestly and completely to ensure we can provide you service.
- Wear a mask. Please bring and wear a mask to your appointment if possible. Due to limited availability of our masks, we may not have extra masks to provide to you.
- Fill out paperwork in advance for New Patients or existing patients with new problems. Navigate to our website at ossmidaho.com or www.orthouc.com to fill out in advance. *No need to print and complete, you can do it all electronically!
- Select Patient Portal to complete your Health History
- Select the four “Fill Online” forms (Patient Demographics, Patient Permission, Medical Treatment Consent, and Financial Consent).
- Our check-in procedures have changed. Once you arrive at the front entrance of our office, you will be screened for Covid19 symptoms
- Don’t bring guests. The fewer people in our rooms the better. If a chaperone is required, only one additional adult is allowed.
- Use hand sanitizer. We are asking patients to use hand sanitizer at our check-in counter. We encourage frequent hand washing